Heritage Park and Sunset Island are part of the Shawano County park system and are open year-round. Museum Tours are offered May through September on the second Saturday of each month and the first and third Thursday from 10:00 AM to 2 PM or by appointment. Admission fee is $5.00 for adults and $1.00 for children 5 – 18 years. There is no fee for children under 5 years of age.
SIKORA ARCHIVE AND RECEPTION CENTER:
The Society provides library services for researchers from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Mondays and Thursdays, with staff assistance.
REPRINT AND COPY SERVICES:
Staff members can make copies for researchers in black and white or color, in sizes 8.5” x 11”, 8.5” x 14”, and 11” x 17”. Photos from our archives are available on 4” x 6”, 5” x 7”, 8.5” x 11”, and 13” x 19” photo paper. Nominal fees are charged.
Our archive staff collects photographs and information from sources like newspapers, as well as information from donors, and files them by subject matter or family name in archivally-safe file cabinets or in electronic format. Electronic images are saved at high resolution and full color to ensure maximum quality. We use paper and ink that is rated to long life.
We welcome donations of artifacts, photographs, and historical documents from the public. Items loaned for copying or scanning are also welcome.
BOOK STORE AND GIFT SHOP:
Books and pamphlets, souvenirs, polo shirts, coffee cups, antique post cards, tote bags and more are available for purchase at the reception center.
- Reference Library, plat books, maps, land abstracts, Wisconsin and Shawano County history, books by local authors
- Shawano English and German language newspapers, 1888-1933 (originals bound in hard cover books).
- News articles sorted by category, e.g., business, churches, government, family, schools, medical.
- Files include business, cheese factories, churches, family files sorted by surname, organizations, municipal, military, railroad depots and trains, schools, and more.
- Special Collections representing all of Shawano County, bound in three-ring binders and sorted by subject and township, include photographs and written histories, cheese factories and creameries, church and cemetery histories, schools, and more.
TOWNSHIP AND CITY HISTORIES:
The Society maintains histories of the townships and villages of Shawano County, and the City of Shawano.
The Society collects vital records for all of Shawano County, including church and cemetery records.
SECURITY AND SAFETY:
We provide safe storage and controlled access to our files and collections.
Share this page: