INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP TOURS:
Museums are open for tours on Mondays and Thursdays, June through August, at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm, or by appointment. Admission fee for tours by appointment or group tours is $5.00 per person. There is no charge for individual tours during regular scheduled tour times. Donations are appreciated.
SIKORA ARCHIVE AND RECEPTION CENTER:
The Society provides library services for researchers from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on Mondays and Thursdays, with staff assistance. For remote research/material requests, please fill out our research/material request form here: https://shawanohistory.wufoo.com/forms/w181kn0w0tq2qd8/
We rely mainly on the donation of artifacts, photographs, and historical documents from the public. Items can also be loaned to the Society, copied or scanned and returned to the owner.
- Reference library, plat books, Wisconsin and Shawano County history books by local authors.
- Shawano English and German language newspapers, 1888-1933 (originals bound in hard cover books)
- An extensive historic map collection.
- News articles sorted by category, e.g. business, churches, government, family, schools, medical.
- Files include business, cheese factories, churches, family files sorted by surname, organizations, municipal, military, railroad depots and trains, schools, and more.
- Special collections representing all of Shawano County, bound in three-ring binders and sorted by subject and township, include photographs and written histories about cheese factories and creameries, churches and cemeteries, schools, and more.
- Histories of the townships and villages of Shawano County and the City of Shawano.
- Family records and obituaries for all of Shawano County sorted by last name, including family histories compiled by family researchers and donated to the Society.
Our volunteers collect photographs and paper records from donors, as well as information from local newspapers and publications.
BOOK STORE AND GIFT SHOP:
Books and pamphlets, souvenirs, polo shirts, antique post cards and more are available for purchase at the reception center.
SAFETY AND SECURITY:
We provide safe storage and controlled access to our files and collections.
The Old Tabor Church is available to rent for weddings, memorial services, concerts, and other family or community events. For details, visit our Church tab on this website.