Membership dues are an important part of financial support for the Society. We rely on the generosity of members and friends for this support. Becoming a member places you among the most civic-minded members of the community.
An individual membership covers all household members. The most important benefit you receive is the knowledge that your donations are working to help preserve the history of Shawano County. The Shawano County Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. You will receive a receipt of your donation for tax purposes.
All members are invited to the Society’s annual meeting in October and are entitled to vote in elections for officers and directors. Members get priority in the event of time or human resource limitations that may occur regarding access to the Society’s services.
The Society offers these annual memberships.
Founder’s Club: $50.00
- Subscription to the Preservation Press newsletter.
- Invitations to Society events
- Includes basic membership benefits
- Recognition in Preservation Press newsletter
- Includes all aforementioned
- Advance ticket purchase privileges
The Society also offers a one-time payment of $1,250 which establishes you as a lifetime member.
Lifetime Membership: $1,250
- Subscription to and recognition in the Preservation Press newsletter
- Invitations to Society events with advance ticket purchase privileges if applicable
- One “free book” coupon from our gift shop
- Certificate of Lifetime Membership