Gresham Depot Museum
The Gresham Depot Museum, on Main Street in Gresham, features a 1907 Wisconsin Northern depot and railroad artifacts. Tours of the Gresham Depot are conducted Saturdays from 1:30 to 4:00 PM from June through August.
1311 North Main Street, Gresham WI 54128
Open June-August Saturdays: 1:30 – 4:00 p.m.
For special tours, call 715-787-3271
On Main Street in Gresham, features a 1907 Wisconsin Northern depot and railroad artifacts.
Tours of the Gresham Depot are conducted Saturdays from 1:30 to 4:00 PM from June through August.
Tour a former railroad depot with telegrapher’s equipment, railroad lanterns, timetables, freight wagon and other historical memorabilia and Village of Gresham history on display.
The depot is located 13 miles northwest of Shawano on Main Street in Gresham.
Gresham Depot History
The depot was opened in 1907.
The railroad was known as the Wisconsin Northern or by its nickname, “The Whiskey Northern”.
In 1921, the railway was sold to the Soo Line Railroad.
A mix of freight and passenger trains ran daily.
At that time, all freight came in by rail, as there was no truck service until the 1940’s.
Draymen would deliver the freight from the depot to the various businesses.
The U.S. mail also came by rail.
In 1963 the depot closed.
In 1974, the Gresham Women’s Club and the former depot agent, Russell Ferrall and his wife, Grace were instrumental in getting the depot moved to its present site.
Many community members pitched in to help with the move.
It’s original site was just south on top of the hill.
Give us a call or send a message.