We love history here at the Shawano County Historical Society, and we hope YOU do too! We recognize the uniqueness of Shawano County, and quite frankly, we love Shawano County. That is why we aim to preserve its historic buildings, documents, and artifacts. By donating to the Shawano County Historical Society, you help us preserve what makes Shawano County unique while fostering local pride in individuals throughout the county. To donate online, click the link to the right or proceed to the form at the bottom of this page.
Why should you support us? We:
- Provide one of the safest environments for historical documents and artifacts in the county
- Preserve and protect our county’s architectural heritage by saving and restoring historic buildings
- Educate, through exhibits, events, and historic building tours, current and future generations on local Shawano County History
- Provides Shawano County communities and residents a resource of first-hand facts for the research of history
- Help individuals create a sense of identity through the exploration and study of history
How you can help
Donation by Cash, Check, or Debit Card
Shawano County Historical Society, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, relies on the kindness of individuals to help support what we do at the organization. A monetary donation allows us to keep costs low for our communities and to focus on expanding our programming and community engagement. In addition, monetary donations helps us maintain historical documents and artifacts for current and future generations. Money from a donation helps us adhere to professional museum and archival standards while keeping our collection in a proper climate-controlled environment.
In-kind donations is a donation of goods and services to the Shawano County Historical Society. In-kind donations allow us to keep costs low for event attendees while helping us raise funds for our programs and historic preservation. By giving an in-kind donation, the historical society is able to use program and event funds on the presentation of local history.
- Make a gift of appreciated stocks, bonds, or real estate to the Shawano County Historical Society, which eliminates federal taxes on the capital gains.
- At the age of 70 ½ you can use your required minimum distribution from your IRA as a tax free gift to the Shawano County Historical Society
- Make the Shawano County Historical Society a beneficiary for a percentage of your IRA, 401K, or annuity. By gifting to a non-profit, your gift is tax free.
- Include the Shawano County Historical Society as a percentage in your will or revocable living trust
- Include the Shawano County Historical Society in your TOD (transfer on death), or POD (payable on death) at banks or credit unions.
Thank you for your interest in donating to the Shawano County Historical Society.